[priorart-discuss] Welcome!

Paul E. McKenney paulmck at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 11 14:43:17 PST 2006

Hello!

I am Paul McKenney of the IBM Linux Technology Center, one of undoubtedly
many representatives from IBM to this list.  I suspect that I am not
alone in being interested in helping prevent granting of patents for
non-novel "inventions".  There is a great deal of prior art that either
is disadvantaged legally or that is difficult to locate.  Changes in
terminology over the decades also make it difficult to relate older
prior art the newer patent applications, and copyright issues may make
it difficult to share older one-off prior art (e.g., hard-copy technical
reports collecting dust in academic libraries).

I hope to help this group make progress towards overcoming these issues.

						Thanx, Paul