[priorart-discuss] Standards for location and evaluation of OSS

Ross David Turk rdt at sf.net
Wed Jan 11 15:23:06 PST 2006

Ah, yes.  By "evaluation" I'm not necessarily talking about appraisal
of quality or business readiness.

I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to how the USPTO works.  In fact,
my entire exposure to the process was the two or so hours of our
meeting in December.  I hope to rectify this in the coming months.
In this case, I was thinking more about the project's subject matter
and its design/implementation details...an abstract of sorts for what
the code contains.  I would imagine this will help folks analyze
whether it's applicable as prior art, and it will benefit the
community in other ways.

Ross

--
Ross David Turk <rdt at sf.net>
SF.net Engineering Manager
Open Source Technology Group

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipients.  If you're not the intended
recipient, review or distribution of this message is not only rude,
it's strictly prohibited.  Please cry with shame, then immediately